Friday, November 04, 2011

Here's my attempt to write well.

Hi!
I have new updates in my life right now that I wish to share with the world.
I've proposed a new rule to myself which is to use good command of English language when I write. I'll tell you why I suddenly thought of weird things for myself. I realized I used to write very well, both in English and yes, surprisingly in Malay, too. "Well", in this case means exceptionally outstanding kind of thing. Those of higher Malay and Band 1 English standard. Unfortunately, I don't use Malay alot, even in my daily speeches to my friends and family. But i do have lots of Malay people around me all the time, number one on my list who's always next to me, my boyfriend. And sometimes even his command of Malay is eons better than mine and my standard of Malay is supposed to be way higher than his considering the fact that I was a Higher Malay student since I was in primary school. And that I scored A1 for that subject for my Os. So yes, I haven't been using Malay much i admit, and due to this ignorance that I'm truly guilty of, the standard of my Malay language has dropped exponentially, so bad, it takes me hours to read the Malay papers and the papers aren't that thick, really. So before I lose my grasp of the English language and crumble in the depths of Singlish, i'm making the effort to not lose touch here.
But honestly, it's not easy writing a blog entry writing in proper English. It makes me feel very lame.
So I have came out with an idea, because sometimes rowers do get bored. An idea that would not only change the path of my life but also to the people around me and the universe beyond our world. That's ridiculous. I'm kidding. It's just a small idea to start writing in another blog or page or tumblr or what have you. To write down proper stuff that people actually read and have interest in. Unlike my blog which I doubt anyone would be interested to read about. Because I realize, you'll never know when you might need to show your future bosses that you have a gift in writing and that you can express your ideas in ways others can't (well, that's if I actually have that gift -lah). Ideas come and go like advice your parents give- you listen to all, but heed only some. Likewise, not all ideas will materialize so I don't know if this idea of mine would actually happen but let's just hope it will. Meanwhile, I just thought I'd like to share the idea with you because usually if I write down my ideas in my iPad which only me and myself could see, no good thing will come out of it. I can conveniently erase that idea I once had and pretended that idea never popped in my head. So now that I have announced my great idea to better improve myself, I know I would not have an easy way out not to do it.
I think. Heh.

No comments:

The Visa Story

So, I'm kinda tired of explaining this visa thing over and over again. I know people are interested to know what's going on with my ...