Thursday, May 18, 2006

sports council

yesterday, for the first time in many many months, i felt like a national athlete. hah. i had a appointment with dr gary slater at the singapore sports council- science and research center. im supposed to go through a rowing test of some sort- i dint know what exactly. so the doctor is an australian guy with big big big bisceps. and he ends most of his sentences with, "mate". haha. moving on...
u see, i dint know he was gonna make me row a trial test in which im supposed to go all out, giving my 100% throughout for the 1000m trial. honestly, i wasnt prepared- at all. not only that. i had to breathe through my mouth only so they had to plug my nose and stuff this mask into my mouth which is connected to this machine. and in the mask theres this tube at the bottom which collects my saliva cuz i cant swallow my saliva when i put it on. i know, gross. i look like a bloody lab rat, seriously. the mask was held in position by this head gear i had to wear. i swear i flet like COW in one of the cow and chicken episodes when COW had to wear braces and the setan put this awful head gear that is connected to her braces to keep the braces in place. in short: i look horrible. and the lady who helped me wear it asked me whether i wanted to take a picture with it.
so yea. the warm up was kinda simple. i started with a slow and relaxed row which increases gradually. they stopped me when my lactic reached 4ml. its like a 4mins set then a 1 min break following another 4mins set and so on. and after every set, they had to prick my ear to take some blood samples. it wasnt painful but by the time they pricked like 6 times, my ear was blue black. horrible, i tell u.
ok, the 1000m trial on the ergo meter was the first time in my life. (whats ergometer? thank god u've never seen it before, ok?) i swear i almost died halfway. dr gary was shouting at me to pull harder and even harder even though i have like 500m more to go. i know its not much for someone who's standing next to the person who's rowing but for the rower, its not as easy as it seems. i totally lost focus halfway. i cant remember what happened. when i hear him shouting again, i was already at the 250m mark which means i must really really pull even harder. penat giler nak mampos!!! when i ended the test, my whole body felt like !@#$%i!!! then i dint know what to hold on to so, i pulled onto dr gary's pants. haha. i was grabbing him for support. it was hilarious. i think he must be thinking, why is this crazy girl ripping my pants off!? he was the one nearest to me and i felt so weak and lethargic i needed something to hold on to. and it had to be his pants. right. my mouth was super dry. when they took off the stupid mask i couldnt move my jaw. my mouth ached for hours. worse than braces. trust me. my time was 3:48mins. which was pretty slow for a rower but considered acceptable for first timer. :) wee.
what an experience. if im good, they'll call me back for another test. if they see no potential in me at all, they wont. haha. life's like that, girl. face it.
ok. so the computer at home is not blardy working and the laptop is pissing me off cuz it's always not responding and it will take years to upload a page. argh.
oh and i came across this little write up on pandan reservoir where i row. pretty interesting.
pandan reservoir
pandan reservoir is located 0.4 kilometre away from Sungei Pandan; 0.5 kilometre away from Jalan Buroh; 0.5 kilometre away from Tanjong Penjuru; 0.7 kilometre away from Pandan Loop; 0.7 kilometre away from Penjuru Lane;
pandan reservoir is geographically located at latitude (1.3106 degrees) 1° 18' 38" North of the Equator and longitude (103.7435 degrees) 103° 44' 36" East of the Prime Meridian on the Map of Singapore.
coolio.
and google earth is so exciting.
and im watching da vinci code with hazi today. its a private screening and she invited me. i love her, man. muahaha.
AND acjc perbayu malay drama is on 26 and 27 may. so YOU have to get your tickets now cuz its a must-watch show. and its directed by sani hussein. AND on tuesday, i had a 3 mins chat with him.
AND i love junaidi from anugerah skrin. he makes me wanna watch more of anugerah skrin. wee. i met him last sat at the TJ gema. so happy la. but its like a mere parting glance. but still, he's so cuteilicious. haha. stop it, aisyah. ok.
AND i havent done any homework since last thursday.
AND netball a div finals is today. and i hope AC will trash HC like how we did last year. all the best, girls.
then it comes to a point where, i regret like shitoholioribblydamnfargurghekkishargh! for quitting netball. but then again, i try not to regret. im not regretting. im not IM NOT. anyways, go AC!
and now, what do i do for the next 2 free periods i have?
go study, can?
i dont know if i can make it through the As. honestly, im pretty scared.
sigh.

No comments:

The Visa Story

So, I'm kinda tired of explaining this visa thing over and over again. I know people are interested to know what's going on with my ...