Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Erg.

Did my 2k ergo time trial today and died. I swear the ergo sucks the life out of you. I finished the test feeling like a helpless shark whos fin has been cut off and then Im dumped back into the water to sink to the bottom of the sea. Here's the thing. I know I could meet the timing. I am strong and powerful enough to hit the target. But today just wasnt the day. Yes blame the day. Blame the ankle which tightened up chokin my whole foot. Blame the knee which throbbed in pain when i exert so much force on it. Blame the bruise on my bum which I got from sailing. Yes, sailing. Blame my heart for not pumping fast enough to transport sufficient blood to my legs and arms. Blame my mind for being so weak I might as well not sit for the erg and stay at home. seriously. it was a failure from all angles, right from the start. I wasnt prepared. I didnt go through my head what I wanted to do. I wasnt at my best form. I went sailing on thursday, ran on friday. erg on sat. not good. There you go. I cried like a dork after I completed my first trial. First, you say? yes. Because I thought I would be able to pull better, harder, stronger on a second attempt. And noone in the right mind would sit for 2 2k ergs in a day. But I did. because i thought i could. but obviously, without much rest, without any preparation, i couldnt. the timing was so horrendous it doesnt deserve to be posted here. BOTH TIMINGS. oh God please have mercy on me.
ruined. my. saturday.
thats what ergs do.
thats what losers would say.
yeah, im a loser.
for today.

felt like even more of a total loser when i told my sailing friend i couldnt sail because i was on the verge of sweating out lethargy. i was like a dead fish. made my bf angry for something he totally didnt do. stomped home alone, (more like dragged my feet home) only to be greeted by noone at home. slept like a pig. feeling like shit because i hate afternoon naps they make me feel like ive wasted my day and oh man the grogginess. oh erg, you really did killed me.

yes so whats up with this sailing thing?

been wanting to try out sailing for a few months now but only started to get on the boat on thursday. which turned out to be pretty exciting. i was actually on a 470. and sailing it. and doing the trapeze thing which looked like this:

yeah, my body was actually parallel to the water. and the sea water splashing on my face like its the most fun thing to be happening. really, exhilirating. and damn tiring. im so weak. omg. whats up with my fitness? and hello? qualifications in april. are u kidding me? time to pull up my socks, man. this is bad. what happened to the new year resolution of being at my fittest ever. gaah, im such a loser.


and yes, stop calling yourself that before it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.


im so sad and tired. and i start work on monday. im excited, but but but (i know, WHY IS THERE A BUT!) looking at how my trainings (both rowing and sailing) would be affected because i'll be working full-time, im not really that excited. BUT yes, lets put training aside for a bit. maybe a week or two. focus on my work, and slowly start fitting trainings into my schedule. hows that? i mean, i cant live my life just complaining and not think of ways how to make things easier right? i think.


there you go. im all better now. despite the swollen eyes from my 100 yrs of crying after the erg testSSSS and dead tired body, i have to pick myself back up again. ergos can ruin my day, but hell no can they ruin my life.


and for that i would like to extent my utmost appreciation to my bf, nadzrie hyckell, for sitting down with my after my erg test telling me to stop crying, get a hold of myself and pick myself back up although at that point of time i was wailing like an ass and being so stubborn i didnt want to lift my ass off the ground for like what seemed like hours. so thank you, sayang, for being so patient with my nonsense.


so this year will be a whole lot of WORK (yes, it comes first), rowing and sailing (both with equal priorities) i dont know how im gonna achieve that but nothing is impossible, right?


right.


this entry is full of bull, shit and nonsense. bye.

No comments:

The Visa Story

So, I'm kinda tired of explaining this visa thing over and over again. I know people are interested to know what's going on with my ...