Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bumped.

Firstly it was Bali. And all the silly money issues that just kept crumbling on me.

Secondly, it was soccer. I had been looking forward to the 11th of December 2011 because that's the day I was gonna play soccer. The court has been booked. The people have been invited. What's left was just us to travel there and kick some balls. But no, smart Aisyah decided to kick the ball before stretching. Smart Aisyah decided to give it a good kick after days of not exercising and what more not stretching. Smart Aisyah stretched her right quad muscle and felt a sharp pain. Applause. And throughout the whole day, Smart Aisyah just sat there on the benches watching the people play soccer. Congratulations for straining your quad muscle! Now not only can I not kick the ball, I can't run. Woohoo!

Thirdly, it was the day rowing became a nightmare for me. I was pissed. The period. The afternoon water caused by the (God knows why the winds are like gusts) winds. The stupid training boats which you just have to shut up and get used to. The shoes which were 5 size bigger. The boat riggings which were Horrid. Basically, rowing became a chore. I HATED EVERY BIT OF IT. so God decided that on that awful day when Aisyah was at the peak of her pissed off mode, lets teach her a lesson. #01: when you're pissed at the boat or the water or even yourself, don't vent it out on your boyfriend.
I was so pissed I rowed so hard and I knew the technique was messed up but I was just telling myself, GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH MY GOD. and then, I heard a boat coming towards me and next thing I knew I flew out of my boat! FLYING IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION. I was thrown backwards and into the water. At first it was okay, I thought I was safe, then I felt the pain creeping insidiously and ever so excruciatingly up my legs. My ankle. My right ankle. I can't feel it. I screamed and bawled and cried and just wailed I swear I sounded like a 5 yr old but I didn't care it was (insert rude word here) painful. I hyperventilated. I couldn't think.
I was rowing on a singles and the boat which clashed into mine was a doubles. So obviously and obeying the rules of physics like how Nadzrie explained to me, the amount of force you exert will be the same in the opposite direction. So the two boys plus their boat being waaaaaay heavier than me and my boat caused me to fly instead of them. And how nice the boat came to a complete stop as it was stuck right in between my boat's riggers. Can u imagine the inertia? Whoa. I flew.
Okay so back to the part when I was in the water grabbing on to my boat for dear life. God, oh God, I really don't remember hear much. My attention was drawn to just holding on to the boat in case I can't keep afloat. I know the boys were still around because their boat was stuck to mine. I didn't know what I was holding on to. I was just in excrutiating pain :(
Then Nadzrie came in his singles and he shouted for Raihan. He told me to come towards him but I was afraid. I can't feel my legs and I didn't know how to get to him. I almost made him capsize when I pushed on his oar. Afraid, I just held on to my boat to keep myself afloat. Raihan came and I was still breathing loudly and sobbing. I told him I couldn't feel my right foot. He told me to get closer to the katamaran but I couldn't, I was afraid. I told him, let me breathe first. So I cooled myself down and slowly pulled myself closer towards the boat. He pulled me up and my unisuit almost tore when it got caught on the stupid dirty katamaran. We towed my singles back. Initially, I couldn't feel the pain on my ankle, slowly, I felt the pain growing. Mampoz.
My ankle was gone by the time we reached the pontoon. It was purple and swollen like a dead fish. The ang moh mum helped me onto the pontoon and thats when I took a first step with my right foot. The pain reminded me of my ACL tear. The way it just gave way. It was scary. Nadzrie then piggy backed me to the office where Uncle Gilbert came with 2 bags of ice, enough to freeze my whole body. How cute of him.
Things happened really fast. The accident, the rescue, the speed at which my ankle got even bigger. Makkau. Later that night, Nadzrie's kind brother wrapped it for me.
I went to see dr the next day and thank God, it wasn't anything serious. I strained 2 ligaments around my ankle, more towards e heel side of the ankle which was a rare case of strain because my foot was in an awkward position when I strained it. In the morning, my ankles look like elephants. But it felt much better. Today, I can walk-slowly.
I survived probably world's first boat to boat accident which caused an ankle strain and 6 bruises on my arms and hip.
How exciting.

Fourthly, I know my weight shouldn't be an issue because like I mentioned before the heavier I am, the stronger I will be on the erg, and water. But I just can't stand gaining weight. :(

Fiftly and lastly, I still haven't gotten a job but I have several offers and interviews to attend which scares the shit out of me because really,
I don't know what's good for me!

May my ankle heal ASAP so I can start running and rowing again, insyaallah.
Amin.

No comments:

The Visa Story

So, I'm kinda tired of explaining this visa thing over and over again. I know people are interested to know what's going on with my ...